2019 Conference – Crewe – 5th & 6th October
ASTT will hold its annual conference in the Crewe Ibis Hotel over the weekend of 5th to 6th October 2019.
The event will include the presentation of papers by a number of speakers who are expected to include:
- Wolf Fengler, Chief Engineer for the Coalition for Sustainable Rail based in Colorado, USA, who will present papers on
- CSR’s ongoing development of biofuel for steam locomotives, and
- The (American) T1 Project that he’s involved in.
- Jos Koopmans from the Netherlands and author of “The Fire Burns Better …” who will talk on “Calculation of front ends with multiple orifices”.
- Hendrik Kaptein also from the Netherlands who will talk on “Chapelon’s La Locomotive a Vapeur – from 1938 to Today – why it is uniquely important”.
- John Hind & Mike Horne who will talk about the Electronic Measurement of Locomotive Performance being developed by ASTT.
- Peter Greenwood who will talk about the history of Locomotive Storage Ltd.
- Chali Chaghila who will talk about “A 21st Century Bogie for the George the Vth Locomotive” – the design of which he is working on for the Prince George Locomotive project.
The conference programme will also include:
- A conducted tour of Locomotive Storage Ltd’s workshops;
- A conference dinner at the Crewe Ibis Hotel on 5th October.
The Conference Programme and Booking Form can be downloaded by clicking on the link provided.