AST ran a successful conference in Haworth on 9th October 2016. The 30 attendees included the following:
AST Members: John Hind (chairman); Chris Newman (webmaster and membership secretary); Mike Horne (secretary); Paul Hibberd (treasurer); Jamie Keyte (committee member); Cedric Lodge (committee member); Richard Coleby (committee member); Adrian Tester; Alan Fozard; Andrew Taylor; Dave Pawson; David Hyde; Iain Jack; Ian Gaylor; John Boutwood; Les Turner; Nigel Thornley; Owen Jordan; Robin Pennie; William Powell; Xavier Jiménez (from Spain).
Non-members: Chris Hodrien; David Elliott; Graham Ashton; Neil Simkins; Nigel Simcox; Sean McKerchar; Sue Gaylor; Terry McMenamin; Vivien Vickers.
Apologies were received from 9 members and 18 non-members, their names being listed in the Conference hand-out.
Nine attendees took up the offer of free ASTT membership, bringing the total membership to 32.
- Mike Horne & Jamie Keyte: “Electronic Locomotive Indicating trials by ASTS Ltd”;
- Ian Gaylor: “The Design of ‘Lyn’“;
- David Elliott: “LNER P2 2007 Prince of Wales:Traditional Technology; Modern Methods”;
- Terry McMenamin: “Joy’s Motion for New-build LNWR ‘George V’“;
- Owen Jordan: “A Future for the steam locomotive?”.
Copies of the PowerPoint presentations for each of the above papers and video recordings of the presentations are available to AST members and to attendees of the conferences from the Haworth Presentations page. This page is password-protected. Please contact the if you would like to access this page.