AST’s membership policies are spelled out in the Constitution that was agreed and accepted at the inaugural general meeting of the Trust held in Haworth on 24th October 2015.
Three levels of membership to the Trust are available:
- Student Membership: open to anyone undertaking apprenticeships and/or full-time study. No fee applies. To apply, please complete and return a Student Membership Application Form.
- Associate Membership: open to anyone on payment of an annual membership fee currently set at £10. To apply, please complete and return a ASTT Membership Application Form.
- Full membership: offered at the invitation of the General Committee to Associate Members who have been active participants in AST projects. The membership fee for Full Members is currently set at £20 per year.
- Corporate membership: available to organisations with an interest in steam locomotive technology, subject to negotiation by the General Committee.
Full and Corporate members have voting rights while Associate and Student Members do not.
The membership year runs from 1st Jan to 31st December, a 50% fee discount being available to new members joining on or after 1st July.
Please see separate pages for information on:
Members are reminded that membership fees fall due on 1st January each year.
Volunteers are needed to help out in a number of important areas including:
- Engineering and drafting assistance:
- Promotion and marketing assistance including help producing a regular newsletter;
- Financial / economic analysis;
- Website assistance;
- Legal assistance.
A wealth of information and opportunity is available to members who become involved in the project work that the group undertakes.