Fuels and Emissions
Other Downloadable Reference Material relating to Steam Traction, Fuels etc
- McCammon B., “Review of Carbon Neutral Fuels with Potential for Use in Modern Steam Locomotives” , an unpublished paper prepared specifically for the 5AT Project.
- Coal – Resources and Future Production published by the Energy Watch Group in March 2007.
- Porta, L.D., “The Contribution of a New Steam Motive Power to an Oil-less World” presented at an International Seminar on Railway Technology in Mexico, July 1987. English translation not published. 4MB download).
- Keyte, J., “A Vision for the Future” published in New Zealand Solar Action Bulletin No 88 Oct 2009.
- Newman, C.J.E.,”Could there be a place for Steam Traction for Rail Transport in a ‘Sustainable Energy’ World?“, published in New Zealand Solar Action Bulletin No 88 Oct 2009.
- Newman, C.J.E., “Considerations relating to costs of ‘Sustainable’ Railway Traction Options“, published in New Zealand Solar Action Bulletin No 88 Oct 2009.
- Serchinger, R.W., Modern Steam Traction and the Protection of the Environment.
- R707 Conversion to PBC Dust Firing: transcription of Chapter 9 of the book “Hudson Power” by Robert Carlisle and Bill Abbott, published by the Australian Railway Historical Society Victorian Division in 1985, ISBN 0 85849 028 5. This digital transcription by Chris Newman July 2013 is made available through this website with the kind permission of Robert Carlisle, holder of the copyright.
- Herman H., “Brown Coal Dust Firing for Locomotives“. Chapter VI from a book titled “Brown Coal” by H. Herman (one-time State. Director of Geological Survey) published by the State Electricity Commission of Victoria, Australia in 1952.