2019 Conference – Crewe – 5th & 6th October
ASTT will hold its annual conference in the Crewe Ibis Hotel over the weekend of 5th to 6th October 2019.
The event will include the presentation of papers by a number of speakers who are expected to include:
- Wolf Fengler, Chief Engineer for the Coalition for Sustainable Rail based in Colorado, USA, who will present papers on
- CSR’s ongoing development of biofuel for steam locomotives, and
- The (American) T1 Project that he’s involved in.
- Nigel Day who will talk about his recent work rebuilding “River Esk” for the Ravenglass and Eskdale Railway.
- John Hind & Mike Horne who will talk about the Electronic Measurement of Locomotive Performance being developed by ASTT.
- Peter Greenwood who will talk about the history of Locomotive Storage Ltd.
- Chali Chaghila who will talk about the design work he has been engaged in with the Prince George Locomotive project.
Additional papers will be announced in due course.
The conference programme will also include:
- A conducted tour of Locomotive Storage Ltd’s workshops;
- A conference dinner at the Crewe Ibis Hotel on 5th October.
It is hoped that a package deal will be negotiated with the Ibis Hotel that will include the conference attendance, morning and afternoon refreshments, the conference dinner, accommodation on the Saturday night and breakfast on the Sunday morning.